🏴‍☠ Week 6 | Flesh&Blood ⛵

Welcome to the reading club for Flesh&Blood!

91mGjo9-CUL.SL1500

Home Thread | week 5 | week 7

Reading Schedule

Week Date # of Pages Ends on Page Ends on % Ending Line
6 June 10 25 133 44% (end of chapter)

Google vocab spreadsheet: ~ FLESH & BLOOD ~ Volume 1 ~ Vocab list - Google Sheets
Feel free to contribute!

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

Look at me, clicking yes yet again. :see_no_evil: but I think I have gotten over the worst of my slump, so fingers crossed I might catch up this week. :face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

And done with this week.

so… a second love interest or maybe just a captor with benefits :see_no_evil: :thinking:

but boy that author really likes to info dump. :melting_face:

5 Likes

After a two week break from reading this, I almost thought I had skipped something when I started chapter 4, but I guess it was just confirmation that Jeffrey’s crew knows him well, and he was in fact in bed with someone while they were searching. Maybe as a result of his parents’ poor relationship, he seems like quite the playboy.

Am I the only one wondering where Drake is? After all the talk of Drake in the first couple of chapters, I thought he would be the love interest. :sweat_smile: Now I’m thinking that maybe he’s just historical background fluff?

4 Likes

Nah, but I’m thinking he is pretty important. Why’d he bother with an unknown boy? Also, there’s like 30 volumes still to come. Personally I’m in no rush here. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

This week had an illustration I forgot to post!

My picture was really blurry, need to get a better one

page 131

Ugh, sorry about Geoffrey being really blurry…

2 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate you bringing us ebook readers the illustration love. :heart:

On a side note, 海斗 looks super surprised there. :hushed:

Second side note, is that the correct spelling for ジェフリー? I’ve been using Jeffrey this whole time. :joy:

1 Like

“Geoffrey” is what appears on all of the official merch (except for one thing, and I think that’s just a mistake on the publisher’s part), and it’s actually a minor plot point farther along in the series that it’s spelled with a G and not J.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks!

1 Like

We finally meet the love interest. At least I think he is. He’s on the cover! I hope Kaito proves his worth to the rest of the crew before things progress on that front, because right now the power imbalance between these two makes it difficult to have a healthy relationship. Am I hoping for too much here? This was written in the 2000s.

2 Likes

This was a concern of mine too, as well, and (minor spoiler) should be addressed in some capacity in this volume iirc.

2 Likes