page
:kr:
No. of
pages
:kr:
Notes
7 4 Mar 3 72 10 end of chapter 63 8 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

Sweet story! I liked that the protagonist was actually quite happy with the mistake she made :sweat_smile: and that another person got the final punishment - rightly so, Iβ€˜d say :rofl:

6 Likes

I’d say it’s kind of a case where she was actually following the instructions, albeit unintentionally.

A nice story, I’m very happy with how varied each story has been so far

6 Likes

This was by far my favorite chapter. I hope we’ll get more chapters with adults and actual consequences.

3 Likes

I agree, I think this was my favorite chapter.

I was a little sad that Miki lost her ghost friends. I hope she’ll be able to find Zentendo again next summer :grin:

But like, what madman goes into someone’s house and eats half finished food :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I agree with everyone else, this was a fun chapter! :grin:

It was interesting to have a character who enjoyed the spooky goings-on, although I was a little sad she lost her ghost roommates… Still, it did make me chuckle that they followed the thief home. I wonder if he’ll ever be rid of them? :ghost:

4 Likes

Yes! That’s totally me, when I read it I was like uh… did I really get that right??

The best logic I get is this: we’re looking at what a 3rd grader might fantasise someone would do after breaking into a home. Step 1. Eat all the junk food. Step 2. Take valuables :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This chapter was really interesting! I definitely didn’t expect the ending, but it was refreshing to see yet another trope compared to the previous chapters. I wonder if there’ll be a chapter about that thief later, it’d be nice to see things from his perspective.

2 Likes

I have to say I loved this chapter. I think it was my favorite so far. I think the character being an adult was fun, and her enjoying her ghost roommates was super cute. Then it was hilarious that the thieves ate the haunted ice and will be followed by ghosts for eternity.

4 Likes

Yeah this one was really fun, I agree! I really like how despite the predictable format, each story has really fun surprises

From memory I thought it was one year? But I don’t have my copy to check

1 Like

Checking my copy, it says δΈ€η”Ÿ, their whole life :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Oh dear I wasn’t paying attention! That’s harsh, but I suppose we have to teach children somehow about the risks of stealing ice cream

4 Likes