Week 8 ๐Ÿญ ใตใ—ใŽ้ง„่“ๅญๅฑ‹ ้Šญๅคฉๅ ‚ ๐Ÿ‘ต ์ด์ƒํ•œ ๊ณผ์ž ๊ฐ€๊ฒŒ ์ „์ฒœ๋‹น ๐Ÿฌ

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start
Date
Ch. :jp:
End
page
:jp:
No. of
pages
Digital
(epub/
BW)
Audio-
book
Notes
:kr:
End
page
No. of
pages
Notes
8 11 Mar 4 83 11 line ending: โ€ฆใชใซใ‹ใจใ•ใใ‚Šใ‚’ๅ…ฅใ‚Œๅง‹ใ‚ใŸใฎใ ใ€‚ 74 11 line ending: ๊ฒŒ์ด์ง€๊ฐ€ ๋ญ”๊ฐ€ ๊ฐ์ถ”๋Š” ๊ฒŒ ์žˆ๋‹ค๋Š” ๊ฑธ ๋Š๊ผˆ๋Š”์ง€ ์ž๊พธ ์บ๋‚ด๋ ค๊ณ  ํ–ˆ๋‹ค.

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatโ€™s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iโ€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iโ€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

Percentage end on JPN epub is somewhere around 53.11% - i had the devil of the time finding it (I overshot actually) and had to search for it in caliber

Interesting start. Lots of angler vocab

2 Likes

Just doing my re-read, wanted to note this line near the start:

ไป•ไบ‹ใ ใจใ„ใˆใฐใ€ไฝ•ใ ใฃใฆ่จฑใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใจๆ€ใฃใฆใ‚‹ใ‚“ใ ใ‹ใ‚‰๏ผ
I understood every word but had to plug it into Deepl to get the meaning - โ€˜When it comes to work, [he] thinks anything is forgiveableโ€™ or maybe less literally โ€˜They can excuse away anything as long as they justify it through workโ€™ or something like that, I guess. I was thrown because Keiji sort of abruptly swaps from a flat description into being a bit more personal about his dad completely forgetting about the fishing trip I guess?

2 Likes

I probably would have missed it too if @Jintor hadnโ€™t put a percentage. In my version it also has more hiragana than the table: ใชใซใ‹ใจใ•ใใ‚Šใ‚’ๅ…ฅใ‚Œใฏใ˜ใ‚ใŸใฎใ ใ€‚. Iโ€™m also at 1:27 in the audiobook.

This one gave me some trouble too and I decided to just fly on by instead of pondering over it in the moment. But looking at it again along with your DeepL explanation, I think itโ€™s When it comes to work he thinks everyone will forgive him. I think the ไฝ•ใ ใฃใฆ is who is doing the ่จฑใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹, but with an omitted particle itโ€™s not totally clear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Especially since the context was Keiji talking about his dad, I think this is right, but not 100% sure.

I was just thinking as I got close to end of the weekโ€™s reading that there didnโ€™t seem to be any drama this week, but in came the sister just in time. Iโ€™m curious how sheโ€™ll cause trouble next week!

2 Likes