page
:kr:
No. of
pages
:kr:
Notes
9 18 Mar 4 94 11 end of chapter 84 10 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

A pretty chill ending. Nice to see two siblings getting along. I noticed a generalised uptick in hirigana words that could have been kanji throwing me off… thank god for ttsu.

3 Likes

Pet. Peeve.
I get it, it’s a kid’s book. But still. :sweat_smile:

I’ve been really pleased with the variety of stories that we’ve had in the book. I definitely thought there’d be a ton of drama with his older sister, but she was just mad he didn’t tell her about taiyaki fishing.

3 Likes

I definitely was not expecting this one. I thought we wouldn’t get a happy ending this time, but I guess that the main character ending up potentially drowning in the bucket/sea wouldn’t be acceptable for a children’s book.

I kinda wish I had my own personal λΆ•μ–΄λΉ΅ bucket though. Of course, there’s the slight risk of breaking the fishing pole, making the whole thing useless (and dangerous, if you try anyway), but I think it’d still be worth it.

1 Like