:kr:
End
page
No. of
pages
Notes
10 25 Mar 5 106 12 line ending: 倧繁盛だ。 95 11 line ending: λŒ€μ„±ν™©μ΄μ—ˆλ‹€.

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

I really like the swap to just an absolute dirtbag of a protagonist.

I think even worse than the last chapter there was a boatload of crazy vocab and half of it was in hirigana which made this part kind of annoying tbh. At least the last sentence was pretty easy to find (around 70.21% on my epub)

4 Likes

God I cannot wait for his comeuppance :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, came to ask if anyone else felt like this chapter is suddenly way harder to parse than anything before it

3 Likes

I’m at around 200-230 LingQs per chapter so far, and right now I’m already at 190 for this one, and only halfway through. So just looking at the numbers, there was more vocab in this one. I also had to stop on a couple sentences to figure them out, which I don’t usually have to do for this book.

About this week, I’m really just waiting for the whole thing to come back at the protagonist. He couldn’t even wait to get home to eat the snack/candy this time!! Maybe this’ll be the one to break the happy ending streak. He definitely deserves it.
I’m really curious about what will be the thing that will ruin it all. A time limit on the effect maybe? So they don’t realize that the haircuts are bad at first but only later? Or maybe it only works in one place, and trying to extend to doing it elsewhere will be what will end it.

3 Likes