Welcome to week 8 of コップクラフト!
We’ll be reading through chapter 8 this week:
||Ending % / Page #
||# of Pages
||78% / p234
(home thread) week 7 | week 9
Discussion ground rules
- Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
- Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
- Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week
- If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
- Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for week 8?
- I’m reading along
- I’m just following the discussion
- I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
- I am no longer reading the book
This chapter is a bit violent.
It’s so close to the end that I’ll probably finish the book this week.
I finished just now and I gotta say, I loved that Kei’s reason for rescuing Tirana was because his cat would be mad at him if he didn’t
Also, just a weird thing I noticed - the audiobook differs quite a bit from the text due to the loss of ‘double meaning’ words you can have in writing, but today when listening + reading I did a double take and realized there was a typo in the text that had been corrected in the audiobook. In the text during the fight scene it says in my copy, さらに一歩進み、長剣を構えてゼラーダは笑った。but what I heard was さらに一歩進み、長剣を構えてエルバジは笑った。
But that was mostly just the translation that was put on セマーニ words, right?
I don’t remember that much else.
Yeah, pretty much. It’s inconsistent feeling which ones are double read and which ones are only read one way, but I don’t really mind it much (people reading AND listening are hardly the main audience). Just an observation of, ‘Oh, I’m surprised I even caught this because the text so often differs already’.
I said, but I’m not even half through this week as life has been busy reading a thicc book I have to return to the library
I’m just going to comment that I really liked the way Kei caught up the first time around, but this time it felt a little bit too 奇跡的… I wonder if it’s a difference between being in the flow of the story (versus the episodic version of the club) or more that I’m more conscious about things the second time around…
Edit: never mind, I am done. I had completely forgotten how that fight went. I wonder if his オッパイ went ポロリ went he got cut in half.