Week 7 of 🕵 コップクラフト 🫅

Welcome to week 7 of コップクラフト!

6343bd03-f644-425f-889a-c1d590dec0f3

We’ll be reading through chapter 7 this week:

Week Start Date Content Ending % / Page # # of Pages
7 August 7 Ch 7 67% / p204 26

(home thread) week 6 | week 8

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for week 7?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m just following the discussion :popcorn:
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I am no longer reading the book
0 voters
1 Like

ティラナ feels a bit like “good Christian girl” without any sex education thrown into a seedy bar:sweat_smile:

ボックス席の暗闇の奥では、ドレスをはだけた女が、男の下腹部に顔をうずめている。男女の営みはよく知らないが、あれは身の毛もよだつような淫猥な行為なのではないか。

(こんなのは社交場ではない。ただの魔窟だ)

吐き気がこみあげてくるのを押し殺す。

And please tell me, I am not the only one that sees a certain anime movie before her eyes, whenever 「君の名前は?」 comes up anywhere? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was kinda leery on how ティラナ was described in that dress (it felt a bit sus and I’m not talking about from the other characters’ view :sweat_smile: ), but I’ll admit the fight scene in the office was pretty fun to read, and I don’t usually care much for fight scenes.

I don’t think I’d ever seen 魔窟 before but it made me laugh. Makes me think of something like this (very mildly NSFW):

imageimage

4 Likes

I have just given up on this not being uncomfortable at times. :sweat_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I mean she gets described/called 天使 all the time (which also plays into her childlike appearance/purity which makes me slightly pukey), so the contrast is probably on purpose.

3 Likes

Yes, as much as I didn’t have any issue with other stuff people mentioned (it just felt like a quick way to introduce characters/tropes), this one felt a bit much.

The fight was nice though.

4 Likes

Same. The good thing is that I can just rant about all the stuff that bothers me here. Somehow the fact that other people have problems with scenes like that makes it feel less uncomfortable for me.

I also liked the fight scene, and マトバ figuring out what leaving the sword behind signifies. Did we get an explanation for why ティラナ is so intent on rescuing the フィエル yet?

5 Likes

I feel similar. :slight_smile:
Just seeing other people tant about it makes it so I do not need to anymore.

I don’t think we got specifics yet, other than that it bothers her that humans don’t think of them as worth saving/ having equal worth to human life. :confused:

6 Likes

Finally feel like my interest is starting to pick up again, I think chapter 5 was just really boring by comparison and sort of slowed down the pace, though it might have been less of an issue if I were reading more than a chapter a week.

Like everyone said, fight scene was good, got a good laugh out of マトバ basically just reading wikipedia for like 3 pages. Glad to see him finally start acting like less of a ass and actually take responsibility. I’m also starting to form some theories as to why it is that ティラナ is so desperate to find the fairy:

my guess

In one of the earlier chapters, ティラナ alluded to complicated family circumstances that I think might go deeper than just the implied upper class infighting. I think she’s most likely either not fully apart of the family by blood and has something to prove, or she somehow had something to do in the fairy having gone missing in the first place and is either trying to fix her mistake before people find out, or is tasked with fixing it with some sort of excommunication looming if she doesn’t. Hell, maybe a combination of the both, and knowing the author, I bet if it’s the first option then she’s probably got a 地球人 or non-ファルバニ parent and they’re all giga racist towards her or something.

I hope @Naphthalene finds some amusement in my predictions

7 Likes

Was vacationing last week so just now catching up a bit.

I guess I’m just a bit jaded from other LNs (or murakami, wink), so didn’t really find the dress description too bad. Rolled my eyes at the pantsu jab, though.

Glad to see the pace picking up a bit and my interest along with it.

5 Likes