🇰🇷 🇯🇵 Home Thread for 後宮の烏 / 후궁의 까마귀 🪶 👩

I’ve got week 1’s thread up:

Sorry for the utter lack of any useful information on my end; I’ll be filling that in tomorrow. We’ll be going with the 12-week schedule based off of @Biblio and @henhen’s numbers, and will change if needed.

4 Likes

So I was reading about different book awards in Japan when I realized this LN is the winner of the 22nd Sense of gender awards.
Nothing more to add, just a bit of information I thought I’d share in case anyone is interested in gender and/or awards. :smile:

6 Likes

The week 2 thread has been posted!

4 Likes

I’m probably not going to be able to keep up with the book club pace, but I’ve started a vocab sheet for the Korean version here:

5 Likes

Wow, thank you! I’ve added it to the home post!

2 Likes

Week 3 is up! A bit later than usual, sorry.

3 Likes

Week 4 is also a bit late :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m going to blame it on forum issues this time. :rofl: Will be up in a few minutes!

Edit: wait, am I off by a full week? D: Aaagh, I’m so sorry if so! I’ve been moving to a new team at work and must’ve just completely lost track of time…

2 Likes

Week 4!

Gah. Alrighty, I just realized I have no start dates in the schedule up above; I’m slacking…

2 Likes

My paper copy pagination is almost the same as this (writing it down for my future reference):

1: 28
2: 47
3: 65
4: 84
5: 113
6: 132
7: 160
8: 190
9: 219
10: 242
11: 280
12: 318

5 Likes

Week 5! And this time not posted 4 days into the week!

6 Likes

I went ahead and finished the first chapter.
However this is where I bail - I love the book but I need to take a break and read something simpler for a while. If I push myself too much I’ll get burnout.

My plan is to come back to this later in the year. I think the end of the first chapter is a good spot to take a break :grin:

7 Likes

You are 1.5 weeks ahead. I think you could just slow down :upside_down_face:

But yes, not burning out is important.

7 Likes

Thank you :grin:

I purposely pushed ahead to the end of chapter 1 because i wanted to reach a stopping point.

I’ll look forward to reading from chapter 2 onwards in a few months time.

7 Likes

Week 6 has been posted!

4 Likes

Week 7’s up!

4 Likes

Week 8 is open:

4 Likes

Week 9 is open!

3 Likes

Week 10 is here:

3 Likes

Second-to-last week! We’re almost there!

4 Likes