๐Ÿญ ใตใ—ใŽ้ง„่“ๅญๅฑ‹ ้Šญๅคฉๅ ‚ ๐Ÿ‘ต ์ด์ƒํ•œ ๊ณผ์ž ๊ฐ€๊ฒŒ ์ „์ฒœ๋‹น ๐Ÿฌ Home Thread

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Iโ€™m just now realizing that I didnโ€™t finish last weekโ€™s reading. Hereโ€™s to reading both that and this weekโ€™s in time!

5 Likes

I didnโ€™t manage to do last weeks reading and this weeks isnโ€™t looking great either :sweat_smile:

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Now that weโ€™re almost done, Iโ€™m curious, who is planning on reading the next book? Iโ€™m definitely going to buy (and start reading) that second volume soon. I already have so many other things that Iโ€™m reading, but this first book has been the perfect level for me to learn a lot of vocab, while sticking to simple grammar patterns, so itโ€™s not too exhausting to read.

6 Likes

I plan on buying the rest of the series but it is still a bit too high of a level for me to try reading without multiple look ups, sometimes in the same sentence, so it will be a while before I start reading them.

5 Likes

Iโ€™m not. Barring some huge revelation about how the Dagashiya works in a later volume, I feel like Iโ€™ve gotten what I want out of the story with the first book.

4 Likes

I may seek out other short stories at around this level perhaps. The format is good but ้ง„่“ๅญๅฑ‹ is a bit weird in terms of difficulty/reward for my taste. Fun with the club though

5 Likes

Iโ€™m definitely going to read vol 2 and 3. I really enjoy it as something reliably easy and light hearted that I can read in paperback format in bed on the weekends. I donโ€™t understand every single word, but as long as I understand the story, I just keep going, and often just rereading a chapter helps to answer any questions. I also have the guide book, so if something confuses me, normally I just do lookups later on the one page summary, and then itโ€™s easy enough to keep going. Not sure why Iโ€™m so drawn to these stories, I really love them.

Thereโ€™s a club on WK for volumes 2+ and they have a vocab sheet and discussion for vol 2. I havenโ€™t looked at the vocab sheet and discussion yet but itโ€™s nice to know itโ€™s there!

I use other books to read more intensively and study.

5 Likes

Iโ€™ll be continuing the series, too! :smiley: Itโ€™s at a nice level and the episodic nature of the stories means itโ€™s easy to just pick up and read a chapter here and there.

Since thereโ€™s some interest, Iโ€™ll put up an offshoot book club thread after we finish this volume. :seedling:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Iโ€™ve made the offshoot thread, as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes