:kr:
End
page
No. of
pages
Notes
12 8 Apr 6 127 10 line ending: β€¦γ¨γ‚Šγ γ—γŸγ€‚ 115 9 line ending: …빨간 λˆˆκΉ”μ‚¬νƒ• 같은 것을 ν•œ μ•Œ κΊΌλƒˆλ‹€.

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

I just really like how different these all are! I totally did a double take with Beniko doing a house call!

3 Likes

I intended to read it this morning on the train into work but I was too sleepy. Will probably read this week’s reading tonight if I have energy (unlikely) or tomorrow

2 Likes

Just so I’m understanding this correctly as it seems so weird. In the fourth sentence in the chapter β€œκΈ°λΆ„μ΄ 쒋을 λ•ŒλŠ” 쇼헀이와 동생 ν˜ΈμΏ ν† μ—κ²Œ 과자λ₯Ό 주기도 ν•˜κ³  쓰닀듬어 주기도 ν•œλ‹€.”, she gives them sweets and even head pats (pets them?) when she’s in a good mood? Surely there has to be a better translation for that, or I’m missing something.

That I was definitely not expecting either. It really makes me want to read the next book, to see if the author will manage to keep surprising me every chapter.

I actually just read this morning in the tram. I was slower than I expected though, so I still have to finish the rest of this week’s part.

Edit: I’m finally finished. I wonder if this time maybe there won’t be any adverse side effects, since Beniko is the one doing the cooking. We’ll see, but I’m already very curious for next week.

2 Likes

I’m getting really annoyed at the lack of kanji for stuff though I can’t tell if it was that way earlier in the book or not. That said this story does seem so far easier than the last one (maybe because of the protagonists’ age). Beniko was a bit more difficult to parse though.

I feel like I’ve said this every chapter so far, but interesting break from the formula!

I think that’s more or less accurate, but maybe in english it’s more like hugs and cuddles them or so (based on the JPN)

Also this is the first 500y candy we’ve seen, right? Or was the Charisma Bon-bon also that exxy?

3 Likes

I’m curious about this too!

The last two were 100, so yeah, definitely the most by a margin!

2 Likes