šŸ­ ćµć—ćŽé§„č“å­å±‹ 銭天堂 šŸ‘µ ģ“ģƒķ•œ ź³¼ģž ź°€ź²Œ ģ „ģ²œė‹¹ šŸ¬ Offshoot Book Club

This is the informal offshoot book club for the ćµć—ćŽé§„č“å­å±‹ 銭天堂 series. The first volume was read as a Childrenā€™s Book Club pick, and for those who want to continue reading and discussing the series, you can do so here. As itā€™s an informal club, we donā€™t have a reading schedule, so you can read at your own pace. :smiling_face:

Book Club Links

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itā€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatā€™s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls :bar_chart:

Will you be reading along with us?
  • Yes! :heart_eyes:
  • Maybeā€¦ :thinking:
  • No :cry:
0 voters
I have finishedā€¦
  • volume 1
  • volume 2
  • volume 3
  • volume 4
  • volume 5
  • volume 6
  • volume 7
  • volume 8
  • volume 9
  • volume 10
0 voters
I have finishedā€¦
  • volume 11
  • volume 12
  • volume 13
  • volume 14
  • volume 15
  • volume 16
  • volume 17
  • volume 18
  • volume 19
  • volume 20
0 voters
I have finishedā€¦
  • 1 The official guidebook
  • 2 The 天ē„園 spin-off
  • 3 The ꋛ恍ēŒ« book
0 voters
3 Likes

I am having double-vision. :eyes: Is that a me issue?

1 Like

How odd! The page is displaying normally for me - you might have caught it mid-sync? I noticed the more recent volumes were missing, so I queued it for sync a little while ago. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread!

Soā€¦ I absolutely love these books and started Book 2 right away. Here are my thoughts so far. Iā€™ll put general comments in drop downs and do extra blurring of major spoilers.

Book 2

Prologue

hhmmm Iā€™m liking how the world is widening and Iā€™m really curious if weā€™re going to hear any stories about how these capsules work out. But Iā€™m a little confused - the idea of people coming in the shop is that Beniko selects something for them specifically, if they get a capsule from a machine, is there some mechanism that what they get fulfills their desire? I guess Iā€™ll have to wait and see

Ch 1

oooh, so a really unconventional one. So far there has been an implicit moral high ground, and yet here we see her helping a thief to do it better! or is that a tricky way of making sure the police officer / detective gets his big break? This makes me very curious about who is setting the rules here of what is a good fortune?

Ch 2

OMG maybe my favourite one so far!!! I absolutely loved this :star_struck: ć”å…ˆē”Ÿ is just so cute and I love how she just innocently tries so hard to help everyone.

Well, Iā€™ll probably slow down a bit. Ch 3 has a lot of unknown vocab (the first 2 pages feel like the one from Book 1 with the beautician dude, so instead of binging in bed on the weekends when I wake up, Iā€™ll have to do some lookups when I have time to get further. And since Iā€™m taking a bit of a mini-holiday next week it might be a few weeks until I get back to this.

Have fun everyone!

2 Likes