🎮 Video Game + Visual Novel Natively Levels

Yes, I’m using that too! But I had to clean up a lot since the formatting is weird and they use a lot of katakana for emphasis. It’s really a helpful page also if you just want to read without playing.

1 Like

Recently got the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster bundle, I’m playing them in English since it’s my first time playing them, but since I’ve already played FFIV before (and recently!) I’m thinking I might try it in Japanese!

2 Likes

I’ve played a bit of 1 in Japanese, and it was pretty easy from what I remember: very, very little dialog, with the main focus being able to keep track of important key items and town names.

2 Likes

Recently I played through Yakuza 0 / Yakuza Kiwami / Silent Hill: The Short Message / Final Fantasy VII / Final Fantasy VII Remake + DLC.

To rank them from easy to hard:

Silent Hill: The Short Message
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Remake + DLC
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza 0

Every game has subtitles and every game (except the original FF7) has voice acting. Even though the FF games are fantasy, the dialogue is usually quite easy, even for beginners who would be B1 or something like that. Yakuza is much harder because of the slang, the use of outdated words/expressions and a shitload of dialect.

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami are both playable with Agent. FF and Silent Hill are not hookable, which could turn the ranking upside down, as it would be much easier to look up words than just rely on listening.

I’d generally recommend playing the FF7 OG first, so you’re familiar with the story, and then playing the remake. The knowledge from the easier OG game will make the remake game a bit easier.

5 Likes

Not sure if this is the place to ask or not so I’ll try and max tell me to delete

Has anyone tried playing dead by daylight in japanese?

I was thinking of trying but wanted to check if someone could tell me a level before lol

3 Likes

I think the easiest way to quickly find out whether you can read it is to check people playing it in Japanese on YouTube.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried it in Japanese, but Dead by Daylight doesn’t really require much reading outside of the perks and add-ons. If you know the perks and add-ons pretty well or already have your killer/survivor set up how you like them you could get away with playing it in any language pretty easily.

2 Likes

It’s because I don’t know all the perks well yet that I was thinking about it actually lol
Guess I’ll love to see :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t consider that!! Thank you :heart_hands::heart_hands::heart_hands:

2 Likes