🐙 マグメル深海水族館 🐠 Home Thread ♨ 癒し系 Book Club

General Information

Summary - Japanese

マグメル深海水族館は、東京湾の水深200メートルにある世界唯一の水族館。ここでは、深海に潜む生き物たちを身近に観察することができる。清掃員のアルバイトとして働くことになった天城航太郎は、深海生物が大好きで、少し引っ込み思案な青年。ある日、館長の大瀬崎湊人に出会ったことで、彼の人生に変化が訪れる――。深い海の底で生きる深海生物たちの魅力とひとりの青年の成長を描く、心あたたまる物語が始まる。

Summary - English

(DeepL) Magumel Deep Sea Aquarium is the only aquarium in the world located at a depth of 200 meters in Tokyo Bay. Here, visitors can closely observe the creatures that lurk in the deep sea. Kotaro Amagi, a part-time cleaner, is a young man who loves deep-sea creatures and is a bit withdrawn. One day, he meets Minato Osezaki, the curator of the museum, and his life is changed–and then. A heartwarming story of one young man’s growth and the fascination of deep-sea creatures living at the bottom of the ocean begins.

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter
Week 1 April 8 Prologue
Week 2 April 15 Chapter 1
Week 3 April 22 Chapter 2
4 April 29 Chapter 3
5 May 6 Chapter 4

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Will you be reading along with us?
  • Yes! :heart_eyes:
  • Maybe… :thinking:
  • No, just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
Which version will you be reading?
  • Physical book
  • Ebook
0 voters
1 Like
When would you like to start reading?
  • March 25
  • April 1
  • April 8
  • April 15
  • Later
0 voters

According to BookWalker, this is the page info:

Chapter Page No. Total Pages
Prologue 3 18
Chapter 1 21 48
Chapter 2 69 50
Chapter 3 119 22
Chapter 4 141 60

I think we could either read a chapter a week (5 weeks total), or split the three larger chapters so we’re reading about the same number of pages every week (8 weeks total).

Which would you prefer?
  • One chapter a week (5 weeks)
  • Split chapters (8 weeks)
  • Something else (comment below)
0 voters
1 Like

Looks like we’ll be starting April 8th, reading one chapter a week. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll leave the polls open for another week or so just in case anyone else wants to vote. :+1:

2 Likes

No major change in the polls, so we’ll start next week. :smiling_face:

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I went ahead and finished the book up today; need to read volume two to see if I’ll continue with the series.

2 Likes