🏰 今日からマ王! 👑 Home Thread 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club

:person_shrugging: Again, in the ebook, those are clearly together. In most cases (including in this book) dialogue will start on the next line (inline dialogues are also used in the book to either give a sense that it happens immediately or in the background, but that’s not the norm).

I guess I could just read ahead to check for a different break, but I think it’s fine for now (especially considering the number of people currently reading at the decided pace). Worst case scenario, we’ll just keep reading past it.

2 Likes

felt like this might be relevant here

the manga version is on sale :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, hum, I ended up reading all the way to the last week (but haven’t finished the book yet). You know. For the cause.

There’s no proper break until the end of the chapter, so there’s indeed no other way than cutting somewhere in the middle. However, in terms of flow, it makes much more sense to stop a few sentences before, with the one finishing in

[…] やっとのことで飲み下した。

Edit: speaking of which, the previous break has the same problem. It’s a break happening midway through something the character is saying. It’s marginally better to stop two sentences (of narration) later, even though we still don’t get the end of what he is saying. The break could be at:

[…] 薄茶の翼は痙攣していた。

Edit: after some unsuccessful attempts at reading my current book, I just gave in and read the last chapter as well :sweat_smile: The end was quite unexpected… Not sure if I’ll keep reading, but I’ll wait for the club to finish anyway.

3 Likes

Great, I’ll update the schedule - which weeks are these for?

1 Like

12 and 11 respectively.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@eefara I’ve updated the page numbers for the digital/combined and physical/original after @Naphthalene’s suggestions - would you mind checking if the page numbers for the physical/combined version are the same for weeks 11 & 12? :pray:

4 Likes

Sure! I’ll get back to you in a little bit on that.

2 Likes

@bibliothecary week 11 looks good; week 12 moves back a page to end on page 195.

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

Quick note @bibliothecary: week 4’s ending line should be

…人生経験豊富なの!?

I don’t know where the last kanji in the original ending line note came from, and 冨 needs to be 富.

2 Likes

Fixed, here and the weekly thread, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

After the book club wraps up it might be nice to have informal clubs for the manga and anime, especially for those who couldn’t join in for the LN (no time, level too high, etc). Of course, there might be an offshoot book club for the LN, too, if there are people who want to continue the series.

Just a thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That would be nice!

2 Likes

Seconding! I didn’t have the time to try the ln, but I did get the first manga volume

4 Likes
1 Like

@Naphthalene You are already finished, right? Did you read the second volume as well or did you stop with volume 1? I “accidentally” :see_no_evil: continued past this week’s part and am now in chapter 9 and I was wondering, if the second volume ends in a “cliffhanger” or if it is a decent point to stop? :eyes:

1 Like

I finished it, but stopped at the end of volume 1. The end greatly frustrated me and I need emotional support before going on :see_no_evil:
Let me know when you are done, so that I can unload said frustration and move on to the second volume.

3 Likes