ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

I’m not sure that I’ll vote or participate this time around (since I have a habit of dropping book club books), but the one nice thing about lists is that it’s less jumping around on mobile, for those of us using the app version of the forums.

I don’t think it makes a huge difference personally though.

3 Likes

Thread title updated! We currently have 8 slots open for nominations! Please vote on our next book’s timing poll if you haven’t!

2 Likes

Book: 神様たちのお伊勢参り | L30??
77a2d55b-95f6-42ce-ac5f-6da0873e5a20

Is there an ebook available?: yes
Is there an audiobook available?: yes
Is there an all-furigana version available?: no?
(Optional) Is this book available in Korean?: no?

Summary - Japanese

彼氏も職も失い、伊勢神宮に神頼みにやってきた谷原芽衣は、迷い込んだ山の中で不思議な青年・天に出会う。芽衣は、なりゆきで天の経営する宿『やおよろず』で働くことになったが、そこはなんだか不思議な宿。なんと『やおろず』は、お伊勢参りにやってくる全国の神様たちが宿泊する宿だった!?

Summary - English

(DeepL) Mei Tanihara, who has lost her boyfriend and her job, comes to the Ise Shrine to ask for help from the gods and meets a mysterious young man named Ten in the mountains. Mei ends up working at “Yaoyorozu,” an inn run by Ten, but it is a mysterious place. The “Yaorozu” is an inn where gods from all over Japan who come to Ise for pilgrimage stay!

Content warnings if known

none known

Why are you nominating this book: This has been in my to read pile for a while now. The summary (and the cover :joy:) give me some Kamisama Hajimemashita mixed with Spirited Away vibes and I definitely want to give it a try!

13 Likes

I mean to send out a reminder this past weekend for nominations but forgot, so here’s one more: I’ll open up voting later today to give a chance for any last-minute nominations to come in, so get them in while you still have the chance!

7 Likes

Based on the current results of how we want to list and maintain nominations, I’ve created a Natively LN Book Club Nominations list and will also maintain the nominations in the second post for the foreseeable future.

8 Likes

View the Nominations List here or here; be sure to scroll to the right; there’s a lot of information there! You’ve got 5 votes, so vote wisely!

(Please note the new addition to the nomination table: whether there’s a Korean version of the book or not!)

This poll should close automatically on March 11, 17:00 UTC.

9 Likes

Since we’ve got fewer entries this time around, I’m thinking we’ll cut fewer at the end of this nomination cycle.

8 Likes

We appear to have a 6-way (almost 7-way) tie so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s been always like this and my choices always end up loosing in the last few days

Tempted to remove the vote to not jinx it and vote on the last moment :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Right? I get so excited when my votes are in the lead, only to check back an hour later and find they’re now at the bottom, haha.

Poll here

6 Likes

Hey Nephalethane, the soccer ball, has many votes entered!

That’s the fun of it, no?

1 Like

:roller_coaster:

3 Likes

:rocket: :crescent_moon:

:chart_with_downwards_trend: :firecracker:

2 Likes

These are the Natively pages for the Korean versions of nominations:

@eefara the books marked with asterisks are missing the Korean flag in the nomination list

5 Likes

Aaah, thank you as always, bibliothecary! :pray: I’ll go add those right away. If you happen to know of any German/Spanish translations I can add those too.

Edit: Done! I’ve also added in the hyperlinks to the Korean Natively page for each book on their Korean flag icon; it’s not 100% intuitive, but I don’t want to mess with the table structure too much at this point.

(Link to poll)

3 Likes

I assume you mean Naphthalene. I am a turtle shell, not a soccer ball!

4 Likes

Maybe there’s another user named Nephalethane who is a soccer ball. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

If @Nephalethane ever comes, I have the perfect avatar.

A football ball

NUntitled

Please don’t kill me for morphing your turtle shell @Naphthalene :rofl:

6 Likes

There, @Nephalethane is now a soccer/football ball.
(Not the squashed image, the shape is still wrong)

7 Likes