7e1dc291-3106-4b92-9bd1-8a017abf9850

Schedule & Links

Week 9 Mar 25, 2024
Chapter 6
Percent 46%
:jp: Pages 118 - 138
:jp: Final line その顔はやっぱり、いつもの勇気のない桐生くんのままでした。
:kr: Pages 116 - 136
:kr: Final line 그 얼굴은 역시 평소의 용기 없는 키류의 얼굴이었습니다.
Previous week Week 8
Next week Week 10
Home Thread Home Thread for また、同じ夢を見ていた / 또다시 같은 꿈을 꾸었어 📖 🇯🇵 🇰🇷
jpdb Deck Mata, Onaji Yume wo Miteita – Prebuilt decks – jpdb

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for Week 3?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m reading along, but at my own pace
  • I’m just following the discussion
0 voters
2 Likes

Again half done, will need to go over again too since I don’t quite know what happened when she was leaving the supermarket

I’m happy that my lookups seem to be decreasing but I’m still as confused because of the sentences lol

6 Likes

Woah - I didn’t expect Kiryu-kun’s father to steal something at a supermarket. I was expecting more of a depressed angle there after those sightings in the park. I don’t share Nanoko’s optimism, but I wonder if there’s more to the story. But since I’m all caught up now I’ll have to wait a week to find out…

I guess Kiryu-kun will get some uncomfortable questions from Nanoka, but hey, at least she’s not giving him a wide berth while staring at him like the rest of the class. Nanoka actually seems quite decent at reading the air, but then is oblivious as to why the air is like that, so she decides to ignore it :laughing:

桐生くん、頭に角が生えたわけじゃないもの

Ruri Dragon?!

そう言って私は桐生くんの垂れた前髪を勝手にかきあげました。桐生くんはとてもびっくりしたようでしたが、私はきちんと断りは入れたので、しっかりと彼のおでこを見ます。確認してから、やっぱりないので席に着くと、桐生くんはびっくりと不思議の混ざった目でこっちを見て来ました。

I was like “What the heck is going on there” until it became clear with the very next part. Nanoka is such a delightful oddball.

Also, as a side note: We haven’t seen grandma in quite a while, huh.

5 Likes

Phew, finished the section. Second half was a bit easier than the first I think. I’m getting more back into the rhythm, though it’s still pretty tricky at times.

yeah lmao, she’s so brazen sometimes

Relevant phrase that wasn’t in jisho

4 Likes

I think you’ve accidentally left some of the week 9 post reading “week 8”.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now. Thx for catching that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like this was intentionally vague since she was avoiding looking what was happening… but I also just sorta let the audiobook breeze through …

Hahah I’m not the only one who thought that!!

I’m not saying it’s her fault, but I do get why her only friends are a cat, a “woman selling the seasons”, an old lady, and a depressed high schooler.

4 Likes

This comment is for future weeks reading, minor but not really spoiler?

It comes out later, more about who the shoplifter was.

1 Like

She tried to forget about the bad experience and focus on the positive in the supermarket to tell her friend about when she gets back.

1 Like
2 Likes

I have finished reading the book! :tada:

3 Likes

速い!おめでとう。 I take it you enjoyed it?

2 Likes

Yes good stuff. I believe it’s the second light novel under my belt.
The main entertainment for me was the playful language and the mystery elements kept me engaged and carefully reading. Of course this is more of an adult-oriented book but has very accessible vocabulary and writing. I found it tough to get started but catching up to the book club pace was motivating then from the 桐生くん trouble onwards I just wanted to find out what happens! Thanks book club! Wouldn’t mind discussing the end too a bit once everyone gets there.

5 Likes

I enjoyed the last two weeks of readings :blush: A lot more going on now :eyes:

I thought the term was 目から鱗が落ちた but eyeball works too I guess :joy: (typical Nanoka)

I hope Kiryu-kun gets cheered up by Nanoka. It must be so traumatizing to learn that about your dad + the cat is probably out of the bag regarding his supposed job too. (Not confirmed at this point of course, but I had predicted the same early on about him chilling at the park after probably losing his job since it comes up from time to time in media, especially as the expectation is for the father to be the breadwinner.) I do hope the two can become friends

4 Likes

That reads like a spoiler, like you already know stuff one can’t know at this time.

I’m not sure how much of a spoiler it is/isn’t (I haven’t read this far), but @freddyg would you mind putting that in spoiler tags, and also adding a note that it’s referencing events that are after this week’s reading?

Okay, done. Didn’t realize people come back through the old weeks readings!

1 Like