7e1dc291-3106-4b92-9bd1-8a017abf9850

Schedule & Links

Week 10 Mar 31, 2024
Chapter 6 (part 2/3)
Percent 53%
:jp: Pages 138 - 159
:jp: Final line どうりで、いくら一階を捜しても見つからないはずです。
:kr: Pages 136 - 150
:kr: Final line 그러니 아무리 일 층을 돌아다녀도 할머니가 보이지 않았던 것이지요.
Previous week Week 9
Next week Week 11
Home Thread Home Thread for また、同じ夢を見ていた / 또다시 같은 꿈을 꾸었어 📖 🇯🇵 🇰🇷
jpdb Deck Mata, Onaji Yume wo Miteita – Prebuilt decks – jpdb

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for Week 10?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m reading along, but at my own pace
  • I’m just following the discussion
0 voters
1 Like

Done my usual half-session read, will wrap it up tomorrow. Good pace so far.

I’m finding more and more that there’s less lookups to make and sometimes the sentence structure is becoming more familiar, which I like; the main thing I need to work on is pure stamina perhaps at this point.

/edit finished this segment, I had chills in the house when baa-chan was absent but it was another complete non-issue lol. Pretty minimal lookups this whole chapter which I’m pretty happy with

5 Likes

Omg yes! And all the empty rooms!! I was like, was she never here either?

Did anyone get the ホントはね/品と羽 thing that Nanoka said? I get that they’re both ひんとはね, but I feel like I’m missing something else there.

4 Likes

We really need a Nanoka saying explanation sheet in this club. I’ve long given up trying to understand most of them…

I assume the いる of 「いるのよ、ヒントはね」 respectively means “color” and “needed/wanted”, so I’d guess the two meanings are something like “colorful elegance and wings” (refering to the courting of peafowls) and “a hint is needed/wanted” (refering to “life”… or actually more specifically the current situation).

2 Likes

it is nice that it sort of forces you to accept that you don’t need to understand everything 100% to get the gist of something and you can just skip over big blocks of stuff and come back to if it seems like it’s important later

4 Likes

Nice idea! Would certainly be interesting to have them all in one spot. :grin:

But actually, I do not really care enough to try and understand all of them. If I get them right away, great. If not, fine as well.

Guess I am with @Jintor here.

@shitsurei: No idea about this one. I ignored it.

3 Likes

A-ha! I think you’re probably right!

1 Like

If someone makes one, I’ll happily add it to the home thread. Tho my question is how to do it without spoilering people… I guess a forum post, since then you can spoiler or details tag everything? Or a spreadsheet divided by chapter?

1 Like