🏰 今日からマ王! 👑 Home Thread 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club

@bibliothecary week 11 looks good; week 12 moves back a page to end on page 195.

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

Quick note @bibliothecary: week 4’s ending line should be

…人生経験豊富なの!?

I don’t know where the last kanji in the original ending line note came from, and 冨 needs to be 富.

2 Likes

Fixed, here and the weekly thread, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

After the book club wraps up it might be nice to have informal clubs for the manga and anime, especially for those who couldn’t join in for the LN (no time, level too high, etc). Of course, there might be an offshoot book club for the LN, too, if there are people who want to continue the series.

Just a thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That would be nice!

2 Likes

Seconding! I didn’t have the time to try the ln, but I did get the first manga volume

4 Likes
1 Like

@Naphthalene You are already finished, right? Did you read the second volume as well or did you stop with volume 1? I “accidentally” :see_no_evil: continued past this week’s part and am now in chapter 9 and I was wondering, if the second volume ends in a “cliffhanger” or if it is a decent point to stop? :eyes:

1 Like

I finished it, but stopped at the end of volume 1. The end greatly frustrated me and I need emotional support before going on :see_no_evil:
Let me know when you are done, so that I can unload said frustration and move on to the second volume.

3 Likes

Dang, now I’m wondering what travesty happens at the end, haha. 有利 declaring he’s straight

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Knowing the story, I am not sure what part frustrated you… but we should probably wait until the last week’s thread is up… :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Finished the “second” volume (i.e. the first ebook volume). The combined ebook volume has an SS that is not in the original release. JFYI. It’s just a small SOL piece.

If anyone ever comes across a guide to which novel corresponds to which season/OVA, please let me know… I would really like to know if 今日からマ王! R (OVA) was based on one of the novels or just an anime-only story. :eyes:

3 Likes

What did you think of the two books? Think you’ll continue with the series?

1 Like

Seeing as the LN was never finished, I put it on my DNF pile. I don’t want to put my time into a series I know I will never be able to finish. :sob: I did enjoy the 2 volumes, though… a blast from the past. :face_holding_back_tears: I had completely forgotten about all the banter and jealousy and… ah… just general weirdness that was 2000s soft BL.

3 Likes

Maybe we should’ve voted on the manga instead; easier to read and finished. :thinking:

1 Like

Anyone know why? I couldn’t find info on the wiki page, but I did come across this intreguing snippet:

2021年1月21日に、コミックグロウルにて、再漫画化「今日からマ王! S (スーパー)」の夏頃開始が告知された[5]。告知後はイラストやSSといった関連作が掲載されていたが、本格的な連載は2022年7月29日に更新された第0話から開始された。

Can’t find more info on that either… I wonder what happened? :thinking:

3 Likes