1st cycle nomination list

About voting:
  • Each person gets 5 votes

NOMINATIONS CLOSED!

Nomination rules:
  • There is no limit to how many nominations one person can make
  • There is no cooldown in-between nominations
  • Ambiguous subtext nominations are not accepted
  • Nominations that are not chosen will automatically be placed in the nominations of the next round, with the exception of:
    (1) Nominations that don’t get any votes
    (2) The 3 least voted nominations
    (3) Tied nominations will all be removed
    (4) Removed nominations will have a cooling period of 1 cycle
Nomination Template (made by the amazing @bibliothecary ):
Cover image (optional)
**Title**: Put the Natively link here.
**Book type**: (light novel, manga, etc)
**Available formats**: physical / ebook / audiobook / full-furigana (delete as appropriate)
[details="Summary - Japanese"]
Copy and paste the Japanese summary from whichever source you prefer. 
[/details]
[details="Summary - English"]
Check Anilist or similar sites to see if they have an English summary. If not, use a machine translator like DeepL or Google Translate.
[/details]
[details="Content warnings"]
If you know whether the book contains adult content or potentially triggering topics, include the information here.
[/details]
**Reason(s) for nominating:** Share the reason you are nominating this book - it might persuade others to vote for it!

Polls:
Nomination & Vote rules polls - closed!
Votes per person and ambiguous rule - closed!
Should failed nominations automatically move to the next cycle as nominations? - closed!
If nominations are to automatically, should a number of previous nominations be dropped? If yes, by what condition? - closed!
Should we open a new topic for each book or should we just continue discussing in here - closed!
Should tied nominations for removal all be removed? - closed!
Should removed nominations have a cooling period before they can be nominated again? - closed!

Schedule (open for changes, don’t hesitate to let me know if you need it):
Nominations closes 25th October
Voting closes 1st November
Start reading by 19th November (if you need more time for the physical books to arrive please let me know so we can start later accordingly)

11 Likes

https://www.telegraphpoleappreciationsociety.org has a lot of pretty poles. :wink:

8 Likes

@cat @fillanzea @seanblue

Opened the club for now, since we’re only 4 people (potentially 3) I’ll later add the template and 2 polls to be organized about what we allow and what we don’t and I think we don’t need any more until we have more people?

Can’t wait to start :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Perfect, all the poles needed, thank you :heart::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

i get most of my recs from here. One day i’ll even be able to read them

https://twitter.com/yuri_navi

4 Likes

Goldmine, thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have yet to see some of the ones I want read here though, don’t know what that says about me :rofl:

Just to check, is the focus on manga or novels/LNs? When I said I might join I was mostly thinking manga.

1 Like

Nomination&vote rules polls:

How many nominations per person?
  • Umlimited
0 voters
Should there be a cooldown between nominations?
  • Yes, 3 days
  • Yes, a week
  • No
0 voters
How many votes per person?
0 voters
Should ambiguous subtext be enough?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Apparently you and I see bookclubs very differently. :rofl:

I’m just used to the WaniKani book clubs where people nominate whatever they want whenever they want and it’s never been a problem. And people usually get 5 votes.

Regarding ambiguous subtext, I voted “no” because pretty much every Manga Time Kirara series has subtext and I don’t really consider them yuri.

5 Likes

I noticed lmaooooo I was wondering whether to say something or not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I voted yes on the ambiguous simply because I have one I wanted to try lol

3 Likes

I’m under the impression so far that whatever people feel like suggesting, we don’t really have much people to be picky and to be frank all my suggestions are gonna be manga :joy:

2 Likes

What series is that? And what are some of your other suggestions? Unless you want to wait until the rules are all set and nominate them formally.

2 Likes

I dont mind writing some down regardless of nominations lol
the one I was thinking about is called 這い寄るな金星 (frankly from the summary you would think it is but I can’t find the tag?? baka-updates said it has “GL subtext” hence the ambiguous thing)

another one that is vibes but nothing explicit is マザーグール, but that one I’m not sure about nominating since it’s a lot more of a “survival world” themed, hence wasn’t sure it’ll fly (edit; so according to baka-updates it is Shoujo ai and not just vibes)

some of the others are
SHWD《シュード》,
ゆりでなる♥えすぽわーる ,
白と黒 ~black & white~ ,
はなものがたり ,
彩香ちゃんは弘子先輩に恋してる ,
裏世界ピクニック (the novel in this case, the manga volume I’ve read already lol) ,
ないしょのおふたりさま。 ,
MURCIELAGO -ムルシエラゴ- ,
作りたい女と食べたい女 ,
魔女が恋する5秒前 ,
リリー&アイビー ~ケンカップル百合×性愛アンソロジー~ ,
私は君を泣かせたい , etc

(updated with the natively pages)

as you can see I haven’t filtered out everything yet lmao

2 Likes

I’ve heard of like two of those. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

which ones?
it makes sense, some were very low key recommendations I got and some I simply reached by myself and they looked interesting :joy:

forgot to make a participation list :joy: :joy: :joy:

edit: and then I forget to put a maybe option :sweat_smile:
if you’re a maybe plz reply so I know you’re there I guess? mainly so I can know who voted and didn’t in polls before I close anything :joy: :sob:

edit2: going through the votes from polls compared to here I already know that seanblue is a maybe, and I’m guessing Azusa and cat are as well (until they vote a yes or no lol)

Will you be joining us?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Some possibilities:

Michiru and her toddler son move in with Michiru’s ex-girlfriend Maya after Michiru’s husband’s death. I really like this one - it has a gentle and serious feel, and the question of whether it’s a good idea for Maya and Michiru to get back together isn’t one that can be quickly resolved. (I’ll be honest and say I don’t LOVE the ending, but the first few volumes are very good.)

赤 X ピンク 桜庭一樹 (Not on Natively?)

One of my favorite Japanese authors wrote a novel about a girls’ fight club that apparently at least has lesbian vibes and I’ve seen a few reviews refer to it as “yuri,” so I’ll probably investigate it a little more closely before I officially put it up for a vote (also I might want to go ahead and read it just so I can do content warnings, because when she goes hard on dark content she goes pretty hard on dark content.) Somehow I have never read this! But it might be a good opportunity!

4 Likes

Both look amazing :star_struck:

1 Like

裏世界ピクニック and 魔女が恋する5秒前, both of which I already own but haven’t read.

Can’t vote since there’s no “maybe” or “it depends” option. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Forgot about the maybe, sorry about that :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: