ふたりの共通点は、ほかに友達がいないこと。
そしてお互いのことだけを、特別な友達だと考えている こと。

「猫崎さんがわたしを見つけてくれた時一ー世界に色が ついたんよ」
「座女装東だって関西弁だって、美古都さんの全部全
部…かわいいって思ってたわ…」

ひとクセもふたクセもある少女たちの青春と心の交歓を 描いた
百合恋愛コメディ 『雨でも晴れでも』第1巻ついにリリー ス!!

Summary - English

Recently having moved away from her rural hometown, Mikoto Yamada struggles to make friends at Uchouten High School. Noticing Mikoto sitting alone, the student council secretary, Ren Nekozaki, decides to utilize her position to create a club specifically to allow the two to spend time together, using a shrine near the school as their club room.

Soon enough, their club space is encroached upon by four strangers: Takuya Kumakura, Yozora Usagida, Airi Shishimaru, and Ritsu Pengin. These girls share the plight of having interests that are too niche to justify the creation of a club. As Uchouten requires all its students to participate in club activities, the four form their own club to let each member do whatever they want. This leaves but one remaining issue-a club room is required for a club to be official. As a result, the four decide to do all they can to convince Mikoto to let them share the shrine.

While Mikoto agrees, Ren is wary, as she believes the four stragglers will impede the time she shares with Mikoto. But despite her reservations, Ren eventually concedes. Although these girls all have different interests, they will nonetheless come to form an intimate, unbreakable bond.

Content warnings

Some characters deal with depression, self-loathing, chronic illness, or other challenges. There’s a student-teacher relationship (acknowledged as problematic from the start)

Reading Schedule

Page numbers are based on the printed page number at the bottom of the page, not the digital number.

Book 1

Week Start Date Chapter Start Page
Week 1 July 7 1 1
Week 2 July 14 2 45
Week 3 July 21 3 87
Week 4 July 28 4 109
Week 5 August 4 5 + おまけ 135

Book 2

Week Start Date Chapter Start Page
Week 6 Aug 11 6 3
Week 7 Aug 18 7 19
Week 8 Aug 25 8 47
Week 9 Sep 1 9 81
Week 10 Sep 8 10 107
Week 11 Sep 15 11 131
Week 12 Sep 22 番外編 1 & 2 Tsubosa + Omake 157

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Will you be reading along when the club starts on July 7th?
  • Yes
  • I’ll be reading at my own pace
  • No
0 voters
What format will you read in?
  • Physical
  • eBook
  • Both
0 voters
Would you be interested in reading all 3 volumes?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Let’s vote after volume 1
0 voters
4 Likes

Damn I guess I’m going to join a fourth club. I’m not even a yuri person (I think), but I already have this so I can’t not join lol.

4 Likes

I’ve already read this one. Although I guess @暁のルナ also has read it before? Are you going to reread it?

I don’t remember much about it. I think I liked the main plot/couple quite a lot, but disliked some other aspects. I think it made me look at the author other works in hope there was something with all the stuff I liked and none of the stuff I disliked.

I didn’t think I’m actually going to reread this. But I think I’ll follow the discussion and skim the manga as a refresher.

3 Likes

My entire volume (digital) is 186 pages so that math doesn’t work. :thinking:

I own all three volumes since they were on sale, but I will still decide after reading the first volume. I won’t force myself to read all three if I don’t like the first one.

Oh, and this is my first book club on Natively. I’ve joined a bunch on WaniKani, but never here before. よろしくね

8 Likes

Same. It looks like the chapters are around 35 pages on average. Unfortunately there’s no table of contents, so I can’t tell how long each individual chapter is.

This is my first book club period. Never really been a part of a community of readers before.
こちらこそよろしく!

7 Likes

I joined the BL book club here, so I figured why not the GL club too (also the pick was on sale, so…). :tada:

7 Likes

Thx for catching the chapter length. I’ve added the actual printed page numbers to the table.

My thinking was this: it’s nice to go straight into the next volume, and anyone who doesn’t want to read further can just drop it at that point. Anyway, It seems like most people want to vote afterwards.

A question I’d have, I guess for @shablul is: if we do read the next 2 volumes, does the main club wait until those are done? Or do we just read them as a side group? That would make a difference for setting up the next nomination/voting cycle. (I’m fine either way personally)

Honored to have you :slight_smile: こちらこそ、よろしく!

I have read it before, and feel similarly. It’s still one of my favorite works though!

I haven’t checked out the author’s other works… but for anyone interested: あらた伊里 - Wikipedia (I’ll try to look for/add them to Natively sometime)

2 Likes

I hope it’s okay to start with spoiler discussions right from the start.

"Spoiler for all volumes of 雨でも晴れでも

As far as I remember, the serious elements and the main couple (from the cover of the first volume) were great.

The other couples were okay.
But there were also some high tension silly shenanigangs that I thought were a bit too much and detracted from the work.

And I didn’t like how this random group of 2n friends neatly paired up into n lesbian couples.

1 Like

I think you would still continue right into volume 2 if there was enough interest, perhaps with a one week break. But if only two people like the first volume enough to keep reading you may not bother continuing via a club.

Generally these are done as side groups. It’s important for new readers to have plenty of opportunity to join book clubs, and having sequel volumes block new books would be counter to that. Of course, this being a special topic book club could change that, but at least that’s how it normally works.

5 Likes

Makes sense to me on both

As long as it’s blurred or under details tags, it’s fine.

my thoughts

My main issue was the teacher-student relationship, those make me all kinds of uncomfortable. The series makes it clear it’s really problematic, but I still don’t like it.

I kinda agree re: the shenanigans. Sometimes it was fine, sometimes it dragged on a bit too much.

I like neat coupling like that personally (I just ship everyone lol)… but I get why ppl don’t. I did enjoy the other couples tho, but I’m curious to see how I feel this time around.

1 Like

If we decide as a club to read the rest then we do it as a club (hence why I requested the poll thing for the next volumes - that way it’ll be a club decision if we want to continue together :wink:)

Else we can always create an informal group to read the entire series or something and whoever wants to join in can add comments in delay whenever and all that

2 Likes

Same here - I currently participate in various WaniKani book clubs, but this is my first Natively one.

よろしくお願いいたします

6 Likes

Somewhat random aside, but I believe the title, and the start of the blurb

雨でも晴れでも、雪の降る日も一ほかの誰よりあなた といたい。

is a play on a really beautiful poem by Kenji Miyazawa, 雨にも負けず.
(If not, then it just really reminded me of it).

There’s lots of nice readings on youtube, like this one, since it’s in public domain.

6 Likes

Week 1 thread is up:

3 Likes

I keep clicking on these threads, thinking it is about 雨の日も、晴れ男 | L25

1 Like

Week 2 is up: Week 2 - 雨でも晴れでも - Yuri/GL/wlw book club

3 Likes

Week 3 is up - sry for the delay!

4 Likes

Week 4 is up

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
Since we’re close to finishing volume 1 I’ve opened up the poll regarding whether or not we’re going onwards with more volumes of this manga or voting on something new.

3 Likes

Seeing if there’s interest in doing Vol 2. If so, I’ll continue to use this home thread and add a table for vol 2.

This will be an offshoot, meaning the main book club will continue to do it’s thing, regardless of what we choose here.

Are you interested in reading vol 2 together?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I’ll decide after chapter 5
0 voters
Would you need a break before starting vol 2
  • Yes (specify how long in comment)
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes